Wednesday, June 12, 2013

1/28/12 - The 435 Cliffs

Because it was a mild winter, Jim and I were able to do some hiking when my friend Sarah came to visit. Sarah loves to hike, and Jim loves to explore, so it was a good, happy day. We decided to hike with a group to the Cliffs above Route 435. You can see Route 435 in the pictures I've included in this post.

Sarah and Jim got along well, despite Jim's constant requests to stop to take photos with trees and rocks and sticks and such along the hike up to the top of the mountain. I finally had to tell him that if he waited until we got to the Cliffs themselves, I'd take all the pictures he wanted. At the top, even Sarah wanted a picture. It really is a great view, even in the middle of an unseasonably warm and dreary-looking winter.

It was windy, and I was a little afraid to take this second picture of Jim, so close to the edge of the abyss. I was afraid he'd get caught in a gust of wind and be blown over the edge, perhaps to be subsequently flattened on Route 435. Oh, but wait. He's already pretty flat. No worries, then.




No comments:

Post a Comment