Sunday, July 4, 2010

6/13 - A nice day at the lake

Jim came along with my family and I to a picnic at a friend of mine's cottage on a little lake. Evidently, he had a friend on the lake (or maybe the best turn of phrase would be IN the lake) he wanted to visit. So, as we were sitting down to lunch, Steadman came swimming up and crashed the party. The little guy was quite a swimmer, and he was very personable. Bit of a problem at a picnic, though - he chewed on the table. What else would you expect from a beaver?

After lunch, Jim and Steadman hung out on the dock for a while. I was concerned for the dock, but Jim assured me that the horrified look from my friend who owned the cottage and the picnic table brought home the point that he should do his chewing elsewhere.

After a little while, they decided to go boating. Jim's cousin Ulysses, who had tagged along on this picnic (I know. Quite a crowd! 4 Willsons, 2 aliens, and a beaver. Do you suppose my friend will ever ask us up to her cottage again?) also went in the boat.

Oh, and I should note here that Ulysses is Jim's most well-behaved cousin, much better than Chester. He has been a delight to have as a house guest. No strange tub rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment