Sunday, July 4, 2010

5/23 - hostels are our friends, but random roommates are not

Since we were visiting Montreal on a bit of a tight budget, a hostel seemed like a good option. My friend found this place on-line, and it was great (though I have to say the roommate situation wasn't the most pleasant. One girl was amazingly nice and quiet. The other was very noisy when we were trying to fall asleep, and never even acknowledged our existence, and then had the audacity to call Jim an ugly little lizard man. I didn't witness it; I'm going off Jim's somewhat unreliable word, so I can't verify if this did or didn't happen, but I wouldn't put it past her. And, since I didn't even know her name and I'm pretty sure I'll never see her again and I'm reasonably sure she'll never read this blog, I can include a bit of nastiness about her without fear that I'll be sued for libel). Anyway, Jim had such an affection for this place (despite the roommate), that he begged me to take his picture on the blue bunk bed with the sheets and blanket. So, here it is.

And, because I feel the need to say it again, VISIT MONTREAL!! It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment