Sunday, March 14, 2010

2/22 - Jim in relief


My class this semester is 3-Dimensional Design. Previous to this class, Jim had not taken much of an interest in my academic efforts. Frankly, this has not hurt my feelings at all, especially given his tendency to say what's on his mind without the usual human "politeness filters."

As I worked on my first project this semester, though, it was easy to tell his interest was piqued. He was hovering around, so much so that I almost spray-painted him blue along with the sculpture. Come to find out, he thought it was a jungle gym I was creating especially for him. He was, then, understandably disappointed when I explained to him that it was intended as art and not meant to be climbed on.

He asked me to take a picture of him on it, and include it in this blog so that, if any jungle gym manufacturers happen to be followers, perhaps he will get what he wants in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment