Monday, March 15, 2010

2/27 - Lots of snow


A friend and I went snowshoeing for the first time ever today. What an adventure! We just had a really big snowstorm, and the snow everywhere was really deep, so we thought it was the perfect opportunity for snowshoeing. Jim, of course, had to come along. He didn't want to miss the experience.
As you can see, Jim elected not to wear snowshoes, and sank like a little stone in the snow. He spent much of the time in my pocket, while my friend and I trudged through deep snow, tried not to walk on the ski trails, dealt with snowshoes that wouldn't stay on, and attempted not to complain about our bum hips (from non-snowshoeing related incidents). If Jim had been keeping up with his usual running commentary, we wouldn't have heard him above all the laughing.
It was fun, but I think next winter we'll be trying cross-country skiing, and leaving the snowshoes alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment