Monday, March 15, 2010

3/5 - a kinship with sushi


I can't express to you in words how excited Jim was when he saw the sushi being delivered to our table by the waiter who looked like a cross between Ben Savage and Shia LaBoeuf. Not because of the waiter, of course, but because of the sushi. I think he thought for a minute that he was about to be introduced to new friends.
He jumped out of my purse and ran around the table looking for signs of life - trying to find hands/tentacles to shake and politely saying, "How do you do?" to each plate. When I explained they were all food (and not rude aliens), he was so sad. But, I gave him a taste of my wasabi, and he cheered right up...and ate all my wasabi. Evidently, Jim likes wasabi. It's super duper. I totally agree.
I'm now regretting the introduction to wasabi. His new favorite game is to run around the apartment with his arms waving over his head, yelling, "Wasabi!" It gets annoying after the first hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment