Saturday, June 5, 2010

5/8 - Woodstock

Jim and I met Bob Dylan on our trip to Woodstock, NY. I had to explain to Jim who Bob Dylan was before he was willing to to smile in a photo with the guy. Jim mumbled under his breath but loud enough so that everyone could hear that the guy I was excited to have a picture with seemed, in fact, a little lifeless and "aloof."Later that day, when we reviewed the pictures, Jim kept commenting on the amazing anti-aging properties of this photograph. Jim was amazed at how young Mr. Dylan looks in the photo, no where near his current age of 69. But, notice that he also looks a little flat and gray in the photo, which would tip off astute observers to the fact that he was, in fact, a cut-out. I didn't have the heart to tell the little green guy the truth. He's been humming "The times, they are a-changin'" ever since the trip, and it's a good song. Much better than the Titanic theme song, which he was humming. Anything but that song.

On the drive home, Jim requested a short stop to have his picture taken at the Pepacton Reservoir. It's a really beautiful place, so I consented, even though it was super duper windy and looked like it would start pouring buckets at any moment. Jim had trouble keeping his head up in the wind. Gusts up to 45 mph, I think I heard on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment