Saturday, April 2, 2011

3/18/11 - Walk toward the light


This old, abandoned railway tunnel is somewhere in the coal-rich mountains of NE PA. Really cool (literally). Jim, of course, wanted his picture taken. I, of course, obliged (and got slipped on the ice that's out of the frame to get Jim in a good spot to get a picture). There was too much ice and water in the tunnel to risk getting my camera out to take pictures in it. Yes, it is that dark inside there. We had flashlights. A little tretcherous in the early spring, but definitely very neat. Though I must say, wading through water with giant hunks of ice floating in it is not something I want to do again real soon. Jim wants to go back ASAP, but he traveled safely and warmly in my pocket, so he doesn't get much say.

No comments:

Post a Comment