Sunday, September 11, 2011

7/5 - Jim wants his pound of flesh

After the concert, Jim began begging me for more cultural experiences. I hesitated because the only reason why he didn't embarrass me completely that night was because the music was so loud. But, he wore me down. I really do like the little green guy and want him to be happy, despite my complaining.
The perfect cultural opportunity came when I went to visit my friend and former college roommate in Buffalo - Shakespeare in the Park! There is something really magical about watching the Bard's plays performed in the open air, the plot thickening as the sun goes down. Anyway, the play we saw was The Merchant of Venice. Not my favorite, but there were some rather attractive men in the cast, so that helped hold my attention a bit. Definitely not as enthralling as A Midsummer Night's Dream (which is fantastic when watched outdoors!). Thankfully, Jim hadn't seen A Midsummer Night's Dream with me, so the experience was entirely new to him. He was completely enthralled (yay!), laughing when he was supposed to laugh. I think he even shed a tear at one point. After the applause died down and we were walking back to the car, Jim declared the entire experience "super super duper," and that he wanted to do more cultural activities in the near future. And, because I saw that he was capable of behaving properly in public, I was a bit more inclined to entertain that request. Until, of course, he started yelling, "I want my pound of flesh!" out the open windows of the car on the drive home.
Oh, and Jim likes this photo because he thinks it makes him appear mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment