Tuesday, September 13, 2011

7/7 - false advertising

While we were visiting my friend in Buffalo, we decided to go hiking in Zoar Valley. We chose the Deer Lick Preserve trail because it boasted vistas and waterfalls. Jim was excited about being able to lick the deer. He was so amazingly excited that I couldn't get him to listen to me long enough to tell him that probably wouldn't happen.
The hike was pretty. About 5 miles of trails wandering through the woods. We totally missed the vista, and the waterfall (in the picture) was a lot smaller than we were imagining. Jim enjoyed himself, though. He talked about hopping in my friend's sandal and floating down the rapids. He would have, too, if he'd had legs to kick off the rocks with.
Not surprisingly, we didn't see any deer, and especially not any Jim could lick. He was very upset. Grumbled under his breath the whole way home. The only thing I could make out was something about "false advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment