Tuesday, September 13, 2011

8/4 - a deep cleansing breath

This summer, I got to spend some time at a place that is near and dear to my heart - Hatch Lake. My youth group used to take retreats up there, mostly during the fall and winter, and I have such fond memories. So, when I got the opportunity to go, I took Jim along with me. The steps I used to sit on down by the lake are gone, and a few of the cabins look a little different, but it's still pretty much the same place. The feeling of the place was not lost on Jim. He seemed to genuinely have a good time and relaxed with everyone. No snippy comments or rushing in with awkward excuses for his rude behavior. He even asked politely that I take his picture actually ON the lake, rather than on shore looking out at the lake. Very particular, but since he asked nicely, I didn't mind. Maybe he's finally mellowing out some.

No comments:

Post a Comment