Saturday, December 26, 2009

11/24-25 - Michigan, soda, and Chester

While I was on the trip to Philly with Jim, I found out that my grandma, my Dad's mom, died. The funeral was the next week, and Jim came along to console me and my family. He proved very useful in distracting my cousin's small daughter, Jessa, during the funeral. He bore the rough handling with strength and dignity, and never once mentioned how she kept dropping him on the ground.

There are, for obvious reasons, no pictures of Jim at the funeral, but we did go to the grocery store, which Jim enjoyed. He especially liked climbing in the cooler with the Sierra Mist cranberry splash. Evidently, his planet is cooler than ours and he's been super-duper hot this whole time. Also, he was very enthusiastic about the color of the labels on the bottles, for obvious reasons.

When it came time to leave Jessa, my niece, didn't want to part with Jim. Jim told me to tell her, as a consolation, that his relative, Chester, would soon be visiting and Jim would direct him on to Michigan to spend some time with Jessa. This was the first I'd heard of Chester, and I wasn't all that thrilled to be entertaining another house guest. One small alien was enough to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment