Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/5 - The Crayola Factory

I have wanted to go to the Crayola Factory since I was a little girl and I saw an episode of Mister Rogers where Mr. McFeely brought Mr. Rogers a tape in the mail from the Crayola Factory that showed how crayons were made. I remember watching the TV screen in rapt attention, fascinated at the bright colors and cool machines (I just found out you can watch it on-line at pbskids.org!!). When I told Jim about it, he got really excited, because he likes bright colors and the smell of crayons as much as I do.

A friend of mine lives in NJ, and on a recent visit to her place, we stopped in Easton, PA at the Crayola Factory. Jim was excited about the stop mostly because I was so excited. It wasn't what I expected, but it was still pretty fun. They had different stations where kids of all ages (like Jim, Susie, and I) could paint with hot wax (it smelled AMAZING, but Jim was too worried about getting dirty to have too much fun at this one), draw with chalk (Jim liked that he could lie down for this picture), and use all of the various Crayola products.












No comments:

Post a Comment